To clarify between the two announcements made Friday December 17 from Ottawa Public Health and Ontario Government, Ottawa Public Health has issued an addendum to Dr. Vera Etches’ Letter of Instruction.
Ottawa Public Health’s Letter of Instruction was followed up with an addendum notice:
Following the media availability with Dr. Vera Etches regarding the Letter of Instruction with new measures for Ottawa , the Province of Ontario announced measures to reduce transmission of COVID-19.
To help clarify which measures apply here in Ottawa, as outlined by Dr. Etches, businesses and residents are reminded that the stronger measure applies for a given setting and must be followed.
- Ottawa’s limit of six people per table in places where food and drink are served applies over the Province’s limit of 10 people per table.
- Limit of 10 people indoors and 25 outdoors for gatherings is required as mandated by the Province.
- Capacity limits and additional measures are effective Sunday December 19, 2021 at 12:01 am as mandated by the Province.
- A 50 per cent capacity limit applies in more settings as mandated by the Province of Ontario, please visit their website for the latest details.
- The Province has mandated additional restrictions for places that serve food and beverages, requiring limited hours, no dancing and no karaoke.
- Places of Worship that opt-in to require proof of vaccination have capacity limit of 50 per cent per Ottawa’s Letter of Instruction.
View Ottawa Public Health Orders HERE